Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reupholstery




I am so excited. I bought a chair at a thrift shore in Ogden, UT 13 years ago for about 25$. It looked like a chair that was made in the 30s or 40s. It had good bones, and a bad upholstery job. The orange flowery retro look just didn't do it for me. Well, finally I was able to get it reupholstered by a friend in Alabama. I had her come look at it back in April 2009, finally dropped it off at her house in May 2010, she finished it a few months later and I was able to pick it up last week. I love it!

The chair was at one time my only piece of living room furniture. It has followed me around Utah and then to GA, AL, and back to GA again. It is so comfortable. Unfortunately, Craig thought it too ugly when it was orange and banished it to the basement. I just found out that his friend Ray wanted it last year for his friend's ugly chair contest at one time. I told him it would have been a 'no go.'

My grandmother had taken an old ladder back chair and removed the back part of it. She then took the seat part and upholstered it herself to make an ottoman for a Queen Anne chair that she also reupholstered. She gave me the ottoman, so I also had it upholstered to match the chair. You would never know that they weren't a match from the beginning. The material I chose is a brown denim/jean material and I think it suites. Now I need to find a small rectangular blue pillow to go across the back and it will be perfect. I will put it in my bedroom as a reading chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...