Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Wonder

I was raised in a snow state, yet I do not enjoy the snow. I am not a skier, having only gone 3 times ever, I don't like sledding, I don't love driving in blizzards, on black ice, on frozen slush, you name it. I also do not like to be cold.  I remember as a kid walking to school atop 4 foot snowdrifts, and it would be so cold that the snot in our noses would freeze. I even learned how to drive a stick-shift on hard packed ice with snow on top. But alas, I have no plans to move to Florida or anything like that. I adore N. GA. I think I have adopted the Southerners mentality when it comes to snow and ice; I stay home.

Around midnight on January 9/10th, it started snowing.  At 11pm there was nothing and an hour later, the snow was coming down like crazy. North GA received 8 inches just like that. Now the South is not equipped to handle snowstorms like this, as we usually only get one snow a year, mainly in Feb. and it melts before the day is thru. Outside it looks like the winters of my youth. My kids are loving it though; can't get enough of it. I just wish we had a real snow shovel and that the kids had a proper sled.






My house is the cape cod at the top of the blog. I love my house. Stay tuned for reno pics. We have redone the house from top to bottom. This is mine and Craig's first home together. We bought it in Feb. 2004. We also purchased a home in Alabaster, AL in 2007 and lived there for 3.5 years until we sold it and moved back to N. GA. It was twice the size and twice the price, but this house has my heart. (See previous posts-Downsizing and Sleeping Beauties.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...